viernes, 7 de noviembre de 2014

Provincia Hill

Hi Classmates!
Today I'd like to share with you one of the experience I'm most proud.
I've been doing trekking since two years now and every time I feel that I have to go further.
The first time I felt that I was doing more than I expected for myself, was making the Sierra Nevada path in Conguillio National Park. I started the route with my broyfriend at four in the morning, just to see the sunrise at the top of the hill. After an hour of walking, I was complaining and thinking that our romatic adventure was the worst idea in the world. I wanted to cry, to sit and never walk again (yes, like a little baby). Fortunately, my boyfriend loves me so much and have so much patience that he only gave me words of courage. At seven o'clock in the morning we were at the top of Sierra Nevada watching Conguillio Lake and an Auraucaria's forest been iluminated by the weak rays of the morning sun... PRICELESS!
After that I was embarrassed for my behaviour and I did understand that for my boyfriend was horrible too, we weren't in a very good physical state, we were eating bad the last days, and ofcourse my complaints weren't a dosis of joy. I did understand that you have to do the best (and the best of the best!) and think that you are not the only one tired.
The second time I felt I that I was pushing myself is the one of what I'm proud of.
With my boyfriend decided to climb Provincia Hill, in Santiago. But we didn't wanted to go for a day, we wanted to stay at the top in a little refuge.
We knew that this will be harder, because of the distance and the steep gradient, the lack of water and the weight of the campaign bags. Even that we tried.
The first hours we were whistling, chating and laughing, but then we were worried because our march wasn't fast as we expected.
After five hours of walking, we knew that left three hours more and that meant that we have to do one hour of path in darkness. Paradoxically, this time I wasn't complaining, my boyfriend was.
The last hour was horrible, and I saw how my boyfriend was suffering, but I remembered the time in Sierra Nevada and now I was the one giving courage to the world.
That made me feel proud. For almost the first time in my life I dind't say "I can't, let's go back". It is something very personal, simply won to myself.
In the mountain you need to be strong because you are all alone, and as I said, I felt like the strongest girl in the world.
When we were at the top the award was amazing. We observed Santiago, from side to side, iluminated by the streets lights at 2.800 m.a.s.l.
In that trek I learnt a lot about me and thanks to this experience I never give up when my body feels tired.

1 comentario: