viernes, 1 de agosto de 2014

Winter Break

Hi Classmates,
I hope you enjoyed your winter vacations!
I had a really relaxing and lazy break so I didn't too much, at least not exciting things, but I discovered, in this break, a new scenary for a place that I love.
As a hobby, trekking is a really necessary activity in my life, so I'm often searching in the internet new places to go near Santiago.
Obviously, because of the weather, is easily to do trekking in summer than winter, but because of that I was getting bored because landscapes were always the same: dust and too much sun! So with my boyfriend and two friends, we decided to go to Yerba Loca park (near to Farellones ski centre) to have a barbecue, some wine and beers.
I always go to Yerba Loca in summer, and it was a very good experience, but in winter.. WHAT CAN I SAY!
At the beginning of the trekking road, there is a place called Villa Paulina, it's a camp and picnic site, which was the place where we made our barbecue, and as we go after a raining day, Villa Paulina was covered by snow.
It was a sunny day, so the barbecue was perfect. We enjoyed the sun rays and snow too (a very good natural refrigerator for beers). There was a small water channel too, which bring us a calm sensation because of the sound of running water.
After we finished the lunch, we went to a viewer called Mirador del Águila, where you can see the mountains and part of the park, and if you have lucky, you can see condors flying
Hope you enjoyed the reading!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario